Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Happy Hippie Halloween!!


We had a really fun day yesterday for Halloween. We started with our traditional "ghost toast" that mommy messed up because I was getting ready. Here is cute Tate waiting patiently for his grub, not often in our house!
Then we did our usual stuff and after Tate's nap we went to my Grandma's and my parents for a visit. Then we did our annual Halloween Treasure Hunt with a little money in the end. Instead of toys lately she has been asking for money to pick out what she wants, Oh Dear...what am I teaching her! Tate wasn't too excited about the end prize but oh well. Then I took them out trick or treating. I got a little tired after carrying Tate every so often that we had to stop for dinner and Preston took them out again. They sure looked darling out on the streets. They also had such a good time handing out all the candy. Now that is over, Bring on Christmas!


11 comments:

Mrs. L said...

Your hippies were the cutest ever. Well done. The quilt is so cute too. Thank you for always commenting on my blog since no one else does. I can always count on you. I did the rake post. You'll like it!

Jamie said...

Cutest hippies ever. You are too clever Ashley! Hope they had a fun Halloween!

Kaesy said...

Cute costumes! I'm so impressed you're so crafty. I'm grateful I've never been craft tagged. I'm pretty sure I've never been "working" on anything in my life.

Eric, Janae, Kallie, Sadie said...

Totally groovy costumes! Seriously so cute, we can't get over how big Tate is, he looks so grown up in those pictures. Sounds like you guys had fun but at this point I agree, bring on Christmas! P.S. yes Eric still struggles with BYU, maybe they need to start a support group.

Shaun and Tonya said...

You did awesome on your costumes --They make the cutest hippies EVER!

Kara said...

Cute little hippies!!! You guys have some fun traditions. I don't know if I am quite ready for Christmas:)

The Steel's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elder and Sister Steel said...

Those are the cutest little hippies. I can't believe Tate got into it and left his glasses on and everything. They are darling.

Megan said...

So cute!

whitney said...

I love the hippie costumes! That was a great idea... I'll have to remember that one in the future! Your kids are so cute!

Jamie Hadlow said...

What a great idea for Halloween costumes. Very original, and I love that they match!