Sunday, November 29, 2009

announcing Ty Preston Steel


Well last Monday, November 23, Ty Preston Steel was born at 5:01 PM weighing 7 lbs 3 oz. Here is a quick story of the day - Warning, you probably shouldn't read this if you are thinking of maybe going "Natural" one day. We went in on Monday morning for a schedule induction. Everything was going great until I got to about a 5 and asked for an epidural. The anesthesiologist came in and told me he couldn't do one because the blood clot medicine dose I was on was too much and would be too dangerous. So anyways, we all kinda freaked out, and they took me off the petocin to slow down the labor and ease the contractions a little. I didn't really plan on this so I didn't really know about any hypnobirthing or la mas, so I tried my best to get through the pain. Then the nurse came in with some sort of pain medicine and it made me crazy and I fainted like 5 times and thought I was having a heart attack and going blind. Then she tried another one and the results were passing out a few more times. I was so so exhausted and in serious pain! But I did manage to get him out, with a few screams, curse words, and crying! Poor Preston, my mom and sister had to witness the madness and are probably still in shock! It seriously was so horrible, WAY worse than I thought it would be. The whole time I wanted to kick my doctor in the nose for not prescribing the right medicine, but I didn't think that would make matters any easier. You people that do go natural are truly amazing - I always thought I was pretty tough until last week. I was so relieved to be done and finally have my sweet baby! So he is here, and we love him so much! He is such a sweet little boy, he has brought so much happiness to our home already! He is so tiny and cute - I just love to look at him! We hope you all can meet him soon!
Our family before we left to the hospital!
Right after the little boy was born
Mommy and her baby - a little immodesty!

Preston bought this hat for him at the hospital gift shop while I was in there for my blood clot...he couldn't wait for his new son to wear it!
My sweet husband, I don't think I could have done it without him!

Getting ready to leave the hospital, Mommy looks like she could use a shower!
Katelyn meeting Ty! She hasn't been all that interested in him, she will be a good helper I am sure.

This little guy can't leave the baby alone. He always wants to hold him or lay by him. He loves his new little buddy!

The new and very improved Steel Family!

26 comments:

~adelle said...

WOW!!! I am so sorry that you had to experience such a crazy and intense labor. So glad that things ended up okay. You have had some weird reaction to medication lately! That stinks bigtime. But, on a happy note, you look fab, the baby is DARLING, and you don't have to be prego anymore! Yeah. There is just that little issue of recovery. Ick.

PS...if you ever decide you want to go "natural" again I will send you a copy of the birth meditation I use. I wish I could have sent it up on Monday. It helps a ton. :) Good thing you are tough.

Toni said...

Geez, that is terrifying, you just lived through my worst nightmare. That really is my worst nightmare having it natural unplanned. So props! He is darling and you look awesome as always! You sure give us pregnant gals high expectations! Congrats Ash!

Kara said...

Seriously wow!!! That is incredible that you had to go through all of that!. My sister's have their babies natural but at least they have some planning. I think I definitely would have freaked out if that would have happened to me. He is so adorable and you look great! I'm glad that he is finally here and healthy:)

Janika said...

WOW! There is no way you had a baby! You look AMAZING!! I am so sorry you had such a hard time!! Ty is super cute and I love his hat! Your famiy is the cutest...congrats to everyone! p.s. I love the name!

west's said...

You look amazing for just having a baby. I can't believe you went through that - something I would NEVER want to even try. He is such a cute little baby. Maybe Preston needs to talk Kelly into have another one around - I can't seem to get him to do it.

Elder and Sister Steel said...

We're so glad all is well now and you have a darling little baby boy! That is so cute that Tators adores him.

Nick and Kirsten said...

congratulations you guys! ash i can't believe you went through all that - hopefully it's taken a turn for the better.
for the record i like the y hat, no matter what nick says

the Rabes said...

Yea!! He is here after all that maddness!! Way to go friend, I am proud of you! He is just perfect! I love him and his name. I am glad all is going well! I can't wait to meet little Ty soon.

Jamie said...

Ashley!!! What a special post! We are thrilled for you guys and I think it is so fun our little ones will be so close! I'm going to try and drop something by this week! Hope you are feeling good-you look amazing!
Love, Jamie

Mindi D said...

O he is soo sweet! Congrats! I need to come by and see him and you.. i will call you.. You go girl!

Brandalyn said...

Wow - that is so crazy! I am sorry you have had such a hard time lately. Hopefully its all downhill from here. You look so great I can't belive you just had a baby. Lets get together.

Princess Academy said...

Love teh newest family pic --UNFAIR you look great I am so sorry for your ordeal --NIGHTMARE! You are my hero!

Megan said...

Congrats! He is so cute! I can't wait to meet him! I feel so bad for you...I can't imagine! It is a good thing it is all over!

Eichmeiers said...

Congrats Ash! He is sooo cute and you look so great! Im sorry you had that hard time, im glad all is well!

Drew and Michele said...

He is so stinkin cute!! Glad that you made it through it, you are one tough girl! Love your new family pic, now of FIVE!!

Sharstin said...

little Ty is adorable Ash! you are a superstar for going A-Natural! what a cutie little fam you have! can't wait to see you both soon!

Eric, Janae, Kallie, Sadie said...

Congrats you guys, he's adorable! I feel your pain, I almost went all natural with Bryon but finally got the epidural when I was already dilated to a 10. It's awful!!! I'm glad that everything turned out OK though, we were worried about you for a little bit!

wadeandjulie said...

I bet you are so glad to not be pregnant anymore! I hope things just get better and better for you because you definitely deserve it!!! baby Ty is soooo cute!!! I gave shaun a present to give to you and preston...let me know if you havn't received it!!! anyways, you look amazing...you are amazing!!!

thebusbyfamily said...

congratulations you guys! you make really cute babies! we don't know what we are having but Ty is in the running for one of our boy names too!

glad you and the babe made it through that delivery ok! you are amazing.

take good care of yourself

love, the busby fam

Critt & Britt said...

What a lady!!! Ash you are incredible. That story sounds quite terrifying. I am so glad that your sweet, beautiful baby boy made it here safely. I can't wait to meet him. PS: Brigham and Grant had quite similar hats when they were born. In fact I got dogged the day after Brigs was born when Critt went down to the BYU/Utah game. Congrats girl!!!

meg said...

Oh Ashley!! He is the sweetest ever!! I love him! Look at your darling little family! I'm so excited to see you guys.

Becky said...

Way cute baby boy! What a fun time for you all. Jamie has been keeping me posted and she said you were amazing! I am glad it is all over and you can move on to better times.

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

He is so cute Ashley! Sorry you had to go all natural, but he is sure adorable! You all look so cute before heading to the hospital! Anyway, what a cutie!

Kaesy said...

Wait, did you actually HAVE the baby, or did someone do it for you because I hate you.

There I said it.

How are you already so skinny?

Kaesy said...

Oh, also, going natural...you're the man.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see him! He is adorable, and how in the heck do you look so good already ashley! You kinda make me sick. Megan