Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hawaii 2011


ALOHA!! Preston and I just got back from a week long trip to Maui aka Paradise! We loved every minute of it! My family watched the kids for the first part of the week and then Preston's Mom flew up for the last part! Our kids were under the weather so it wasn't the easiest babysitting! Thank you so so much! We greatly appreciate it! So here is all the we did...warning there are tons of pictures!
This was the day after the tsumani warning...whoa, what a night! We got in at about 10 at night and the pilot said their was an earthquake in Japan and a tsunami warning. So we get driving to our hotel and it was sorta chaos. Everyone was filling up on gas and groceries and heading towards the middle of the island. Then at 3 AM they let off this huge siren all over the island. After that every half hour it went off all night. They evacuated half our hotel, but we were lucky to be on a higher floor. And they we woke up and it was all fine! Crazy!
At our resort, the Honua Kai
Preston thought it was a good idea to buy these tasty treats..mmm!
A Monk Seal came up onto our beach one morning



This was beautiful little area called Iao Valley, it was so green and tropical!
We went on the most amazing whale watching boat! We seriously saw about 40 big whales. Oh gosh, it was so awesome! They would just come up right by our boat and blow or splash..so crazy!


We went to the top of a crater and went for little hike. Then we stayed until sunset, so pretty!

A beautiful beach by Kapalua

Kapalua Golf Course...next time Preston will golf!


A waterfall on the Road to Hana, which we didn't make it all the way to! So long of a drive, but I am sure it is amazing!



We went to this cutest little town called Paia and I loved this church. The whole town was so darlng!

12 comments:

Sharstin said...

ah ash!! it looks so fab--i am excited to see it all in a couple of weeks:) love your cute red and white swimmer:) glad you guys had so much fun:)

~adelle said...

MY my my, what a great vacation. You look fantastic by the way! You are so good to have people take pics of you and Preston. Sometimes I forget to do that. It's nice to have some shots together. :) What fun!

Lindsey Rose said...

The road to hana is FOREVER long!!! So great what a perfect get away! I am so happy that you guys did that!

Eichmeiers said...

It's so great that family watches the kiddos for trips!! You look great and im glad you had a great time:) i bet the whales were awesome, one day i wanna do that and see great whites (from the boat of course)!

Brandalyn said...

Oh I am once again jealous of all your awesome traveling! So much fun. Next time can we come?

Megan said...

Looks fab! So glad you had a great time. (GMA commenting)

Princess Academy said...

wow good times I am jealous of your whale watching tour --Wade and Julie did teh same how fun we saw the from way out The seal --amazing 'm glad you were safe and had fun

Kara said...

You look so adorable! I'm glad you had such a good time it looks wonderful:)

Megan said...

That looks so fun! I want to go on a fun Vacation!

Wilson family said...

What an amazing adventure!! I am so glad you guys had a good time:)

Critt & Britt said...

I seriously need to go on that trip. How fun!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! You guys are so cute together.