Thursday, September 11, 2008

Casa de Steel

Well, here is it. We have been in our new house for about two months and we are loving it. If you haven't been here yet, the invite still stands. We would love to have you all, not at the same time, come visit. We still have a few things like the kitchen backsplash and shutters, but they will be coming. It was so fun, and tiring, to put all this together and pick every single thing out. I had the easy job! My talented husband (and father-in-law) made all the cabinets and a lot of our furniture. Preston did all the wood floor and tile - and some of the electric stuff. I love to brag about him, because he really is so talented. If you've wondered why I've kept him around, now you know. JK! It has been a lot of work, but it is worth it. Hope to have you here soon!

22 comments:

Mrs. L said...

It certainly is a lovely home!

Mindi D said...

Your house is pretty! My favorites.. The kitchen nook, the playroom shelves and mini doors, and Katelyns pink room. I'm pretty sure your bathroom is the same color as mine! The blue, green, minty color? Anyway, I love it, good job!

Rachel said...

I love your house! Please let me hire you as an interior decorator because my house is blah. I will be able to afford you in about 15 years, so until then be thinking!

Lindsey Rose said...

looks beautiful! I love the cabinets in the kitchen! Preston made those?? Wow! He is good!

west's said...

I Love it!! It's so pretty. I've been waiting forever for you to post pictures of your house. I LOVE your kitchen. Preston did such a good job!! What color is that on your walls? It's hard to tell from pictures but it looks so good with all your cabinets & everything else. So cute!

Amber said...

Just beautiful Ashley! I love all the white! What are your counter tops? They look awesome! Great job guys. Next time around I want to do stark white cabinets!

the Rabes said...

You know I dig your casa. Way to go Steel's!!!

aLeXis said...

Ashley...it is AMAZING! Everything looks so good. Good job!! So much fun!

Our family said...

Wow I love it. You guys did a great job your husbands work is amazing.

westfam said...

It's about time we got to see your new house! It is beautiful. I love all the wood finish work--way to go, Pres!
Auntie E

Drew and Michele said...

So beautiful!! I love your house, can I say JEALOUS!!

Kara said...

That is beautiful, you guys did an amazing job. I bet you are just loving it!

Rach said...

It's about time... I LOVE IT!! WOW--it kind of makes me want to do it again...kind of (what a pain) but you guys did an awesome job. What do the little doors in the playroom go to? You've already got it all decorated too!! I'm still working on mine!!!

Sharstin said...

it is very cute--I love the kid's playroom--and I have to give preston some serious props for all that work--he rocks

Sharstin said...

it is very cute--I love the kid's playroom--and I have to give preston some serious props for all that work--he rocks

Princess Academy said...

Your home is gorgoues! I love your talented mind and how impressive your hubby is! It is fabulous and even better in person

Hayden and Kelly said...

I love it!!! You did such a great job! Wow! You have great taste!

Kaesy said...

I LOVE it. Please come help me.

Brandalyn said...

Wow, your house looks amazing! And I thought Gordon was talented!! He has a lot of catching up to do! Lawni is home now, lets get together, you say when.

whitney said...

All I want to know is how is it all so clean at once?!!

Toni said...

It's awesome, can I move in?? My claim to fame is I am basically your neighbor. I have been wondering when I go to Smith's when I'll run into you!

Eric, Janae, Kallie, Sadie said...

Janae: Holy Hannah, your house is gorgeous and to think Eric graduated the same time as Preston, look what we've achieved a whole lot of debt & a rental home. Eric's regretting Dental School right now.
Eric: Now I understand why Preston was so willing to buy my dinner last week.