Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be MINE!!!

We had a really great Valentines Day this year just hanging out and relaxing. Katelyn reminded me today that "Valentines is about letting people know you love them"...this was after I made her and Tate stop throwing crackers at eat other in the car and she thought that wasn't nice. But she was right, that is what is all about. We had a yummy heart shaped pancake breakfast. We watched a few Valentines shows and made some yummy treats. Preston was a good husband and worked on our kitchen backsplash most of the day and it looks great! We also did a week of Valentines and each day we found something in our little mailboxes. Preston surprised me and Katelyn with roses and me a new ipod..woohoo! The kids loved all of it and I did too. It is a cute and fun holiday to spend with your family! Happy Valentines Day to you all!!!






13 comments:

Shaun and Tonya said...

Can I see pics of your back splash --I am in the market for one:) WOW What a fun day --I love how our 4 yr olds think of the perfect time to come up with the genius remarks like "Valentine's Day is for showing love"

Mindi D said...

Sounds like a fun day! That is so cute that you and Katelyn got roses, girls live roses!! Koy got Jerzi a flower from the mall and she was in HEAVEN!! Girls are so cute!!

Mindi D said...

Girls LOVE roses, not live.. sorry..

Mrs. L said...

You have such fun traditions! What a cute mom.

Elder and Sister Steel said...

What a fun little family. Way to go Preston and give flowers to both Katelyn and Ashley! Cute ideas for the party also.

Lindsey Rose said...

Wow an ipod! That is a good one! I love the candles and all the paper hearts, looks like a great day!

Jamie said...

What a fun idea Ashley & what a cute mommy you are! I miss seeing you-we'll have to have a little playdate.

Drew and Michele said...

You are too cute!! Your party looked like a big success, loved all the things you did, and I am glad you got the valentine cards in time, whew! Also thanks for the card and money! You really didn't have to send any!

Sharstin said...

looks like you guys had a fun day. You are always on top of blogging--and festive holiday fun. I saw preston at the gym the other morning. Hope to see you soon..

wadeandjulie said...

so cute Ashley! your dinner and everything looked like so much fun! and Pres...way to go!!!!

Kaesy said...

You are like SuperMom. We can't be friends anymore. I still haven't given Tuckett anything for Valentine's day. Oops.

Megan Andersen said...

Hi Steel family. You don't know me...but my hubby was a good friend of Prestons in high school. I'm just blog hopping tonight & I came across yours from Eric & Janae. Ryan has been wanting to have a big get together with all of his good ol' buddies...so now I know how to in contact with ya. What an adorable fam!

~adelle said...

You are so creative!! I love all of the little Valentines Day touches. Very cute.